Pages

Monday, February 2, 2009

Quilling and Paper Art




Again I have been neglecting my blog, so sorry. I have been getting ready for a design contest for Spellbinders Paper Arts. I can't post the pics of the entries just yet because of possible publication. I won't know if I have made it to the "semi-finals" until Feb. 9th. I am up against some very talented and experience people, So wish me luck!

So, for now I have posted some pics of some smaller quilled keepsake photo mats, and of a quilled flower trellis. Edited to add: I am having some trouble with adding pics to this post so this is the only one!

I wanted to share with you a blog for a wonderful artist. Her name is Jerri Jimenez and her blog is at: http://jerrikay.blogs.splitcoaststampers.com/ . Her water color technique is absolutely gorgeous!!! And now she has posted a wonderful tutorial on how to do it!!!!! It is very generous of teachers who post either a video or picture tutorial on their sites. It takes a lot of time and they are not charging for it, they do it out of the love of the art and want to share it with the rest of us. These tutorials are great because unless you live close to the artist or they happen to give a class close enough for you to join you would probably never get to see these techniques taught.

Other blogs that have a great tutorial sections are: Gina K. Designs at http://blog.ginakdesigns.com/ . She recently lost her father and I hope you will join with me in sending prayers for the family.

Another great site for card making tutorials is: Dawn's Stamping Thoughts at: http://www.dawnsstampingthoughts.typepad.com/ . Dawn has some great youtube video tutorials.

Check them out and their blog links to other fantastic card and paper artists. There are a lot more and so may talented card and paper artists out there. When you see their work you will know why I call these imaginative people "artists"! I will post more of my favorites again. Until tomorrow.

Shalom,

Sonya
Comments are welcome if you have the time!

No comments: