Pages

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Quilled, Stamped, Scrapbook Page and Cards

So sad, I didn't get picked for the Spellbinders 2009 Design Team :( . But good luck to the 20 who were chosen to continue to the finals! And thanks to Spellbinders for the opportunity to submit my projects. I know the rest of us will be looking forward to seeing the wonderful designs that were submitted by those lucky ones!

So, since I haven't been chosen I can know post my submission to the contest. The first was a 12 X 12 layout and I chose to use the clock and butterfly die from Spellbinders. It inspired the "Time Flies" - "Too Fast" idea and I used the butterfly flying away with the clock and then then progressive pictures of Christine growing up.

Next we had to submit a card and I chose to quill a medallion in red, black and cream. I used my Nestabilities scalloped and regular rectangles to double mat behind the medallion. You can see that card at the beginning of this post.

A stamped card had to be submitted and I chose one of my favorite flowers the hydrangea to stamp in gold embossing powers and colored with Prismacolor pencils and OMS. Inside the card I put a pocket cut out of the Nesties and put a tea bag and a bookmark stamped with the same stamp. It has the sentiment of "A Cup of Tea" , "A Good Book", and "A Good Friend". I accented it with crystals and Fairy Dust glitter.


The fourth project that was submitted was an altered item. I chose to alter a frame, and what better way than with quilling. I have been wanting to do one in shades of purple and lavender and this seemed like a good time. It has a hydrangea in it of course, made from petals,punched coffee filter paper and painted with Twinkling H2O's. It give the flowers a dried sparkle appearance. I also punched accent flowers from lavender vellum with crystal centers, and pearlescent paper with pearl centers. Double stacked quilled flowers, leaves and fringed flowers complete the design. I think I will put a picture from our cruise in it!



I enjoyed making the projects for submission and don't envy those that had to judge them! Thanks to my daughter Cassandra who took the pictures of my projects for submission. I hope you enjoy, and I am off to play with my new stamps and dies!

Until the next post,

Shalom,

Sonya
Comments are always welcome, I'd love to hear from you!!!!! Really!

4 comments:

JoAnnC. said...

Your projects are STUNNING! I cannot believe they didn't pick you...their loss! Keep up the beautiful work.

Custom Quilling Supplies said...

Outstanding!

I totally agree... their loss!!!

Keep on Quillin',
Denise
http://www.customquillingbydenise.com/shop
http://customquilling.blogspot.com

Gayathri said...

Hi Sonya,
I'm a first timer to ur blog, and i must say i'm in awe of your beautiful work! :) i too do quilling and other crafts.. do visit my blog sometime
www.littlepinkpebbles.com
i'd love to hear your comments :)
Cheers,
Gayathri

Teddie Seeley said...

So beautiful.
You do the most awesome quilling.
Teddie