Pages

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Paige's Card

Hi all! I have been working on several projects trying to get through the backlog on my "to do" list! But I had to stop and make a card for a little girl who was is going through some very rough times from a boating accident. Paige is 13 and while on vacation visiting family her and other family members were hit by a speedboat while kayaking. Paige had to be flown back to the States and unfortunately had to have part of her arm amputated, you can read the story here. The family has asked for cards as she has been inundated with flowers and stuffed animals. Erin who is a member of Fred She Said DT has sent along the request for cards and also is offering a chance at Blog Candy to those who send a card. If you would like to participate the address to send Paige a card can be found on Erin's blog.
*
I made my "card" into a wall hanging so she could display it wherever she wants. The verse is one that I chose to encourage Paige during what will be I'm sure a lengthy and trying recovery. Though I can only imagine what little Paige and her family are going through, I am sure that the Lord is able to do the impossible! My prayers for her to seek the Lord through these coming days and months for His Strength and Comfort.

The wall hanging features shades of pink (Paige's favorite color) quilled, fringed, and punched flowers and leaves with beads and crystal accents around her initial "P" and verse. Well back to the "to do" list!
*
Shalom,
*
Sonya
Comments are welcome as always!

7 comments:

Bella said...

Truly superb as always!

Love

Erin... said...

WOW Sonya this is fabulous and absolutely stunning!! I'm sure she'll love it! Thanks so much for mailing it to her. hugs, erin

Lisa Phillippi llelsik@aol.com said...

Oh Sonya this one truly a work of art! I know she will love it! Your attention to detail is unbelievable!

kavitha said...

look lovely
regards
kavi

Regina said...

Sonya!!!!
Your work is gorgeous!!!!:)))
Hugs

Regina

Tracey Lynn 'Fred' Miller said...

This is completely awesome and gorgeous! Paige will love it!!!!!

Remember don't overdo it ;)
Big Hugs,
Tracey

Jerri Kay said...

Absolutely precious!