Pages

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Jumbo Clip Bookmarks

While searching the net on tips and techniques for paper art I came across these cute bookmarks made out of jumbo paperclips. These are not your "large" paperclips they are 4" long I used my nestabilities large set, the smallest two, cutting the card stock in the largest die, 2 times and the patterned paper in the smallest, once. Then I punched either a small circle or a blossom punch and added the embellishments and paper pricking. The matching second piece of card stock was used as the back. The adhesive I used was stick dots and it seems to hold well.

There is only two that have punched flowers and I will make more using quilling as an embellishment. They make the cutest bookmarks and with the addition of a magnet on the back it could be used as a note holder for the fridge!


The cream one with the A on it has a beautiful sparkle paper and I thought that it would make a great wedding favor. Think of the gift possibilities of these fun jumbo paperclips! They are easy to make and you could change the round scallop for a square one and use other shapes and die cuts to personalize for any occasion. These are brass colored clips and I found them at Staples but they told me that they were discontinuing them. Accu makes them also. I also found silver ones at Walmart, 10 for .97!


Well I am off to make more!

Until the next post, Shalom,
Sonya
Comments are always welcome if you have the time.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi!

I love your bookmarkers. They are so cute! I need to make some for me. I have been using sticky tabs to mark my favorites in books and magazines. I need something better! Thanks for the inspiration.

Tara in KS

Custom Quilling Supplies said...

Sonya,
These are so cute... love them!

Sonya said...

Tara and Denise,
Thanks for the lovely comments. Making these are addictive, there are so many ways and so many ways to embellish them! Have fun making them.
Sonya

Lee Ann Cheers said...

I wonder how can you attach a quilled paper to a clip? Did you use white glue or other glue?