Pages

Monday, June 8, 2009

Fred She Said Take Out Box

Hi all! Here is another project using Tracey's digital flowers. The box is Sizzix's Take Out Box and is in a medium yellow CS. This little box is so versatile and can be used for small gifts, gift cards, table favors for parties and weddings! I used the digital Dahlia's from Fred She Said and printed three sizes of the dahlia's outline along with the leaves on 90lb watercolor paper. Then I watercolored them with my Tombow markers. After the were dry I cut them out and glued the three dahlia sizes together and "fluffed" the petals up. Yellow glitter glue was added to the center, but a quilled coil or fringe flower, flower soft, button or a crystal could be used also for a different look.
*
I added the floral punched daisy that has a tight coil center and some green quilled "vines" along side the blue dahlia. The flowers along with a punched sentiment tag accented with a blue crystal sit upon a yellow Nestability label 2, which is popped up with dimensionals onto another label 2 die cut. Both label die cut edges were inked in a corresponding color, the blue one also has a pierced border. It is hard to see in the picture but the blue dahlia and leaves are accented with a Sakura pen.
*


To help open the box I added a ribbon tab with a small flower brad, and the top is held closed with a velcro dot under the label. The box is finished with a gold wire handle and blue grosgrain bow on front. It was really easy and fun to make and the box becomes another gift!
*
If you haven't tried Fred She Said digi flowers and stamps, hope on over to Tracey's site and see all the great things she has to offer! You don't even have to color to use them, she has some wonderful sets that come in color and ready to use! Just print and cut them out and embellish them how you like! Check out the Fred She Said Design Team's blogs links listed on the right sidebar under the FSS blinkie for more great designs using these digi stamps!
*
Until the next post,
*
Shalom,
*
Sonya
Comments always welcome! If you want to see "how you do that" on any project, just let me know!

11 comments:

eva said...

As attractive and romantichno.Very nice color.
J like flowers.

Tracey Lynn 'Fred' Miller said...

Gorgeousness, Sonya! Very elegant and the vibrant blue... wow.

JoAnnC. said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS as always!!!! Who wouldn't love a little gift wrapped with that?

Inna D. said...

Sonya, your take out boxes are very beautiful! Love them all :)

Donna said...

Wow Sonya, what a gorgeous little box you've done, I agree it could be used for so many uses, love the use of the flowers you've done. I've not used any of the outline ones yet, but have used the pre colored ones loads of times. Glad to be working with you on the FSS team.
hugs
Donna xx

Lisa Phillippi llelsik@aol.com said...

Hang on while I pick my jaw up off the floor...and mop up the drool...because this is jaw dropping GORGEOUS! I love it!!!

Michelle Pearson said...

I love your little take out box, they are so fun to alter and yours looks so cute with the FSS flowers on it! :)

Unknown said...

ooooo very pretty Sonya! I have never done a box but yours leaves me wanting to try!
Hugs!

Andrea said...

Stunning! I had to blog about your box and link to your post because I was just amazed at your talent!

BlueRose said...

Very cute nice colors...~~♥~

Rosemary said...

OH my, this is outstanding. Love the rich colors you chose to bring this box over the top!!