Pages

Sunday, May 17, 2009

Calla Lily Sympathy Card

Hi all. We are going to be out of town the next few days and I wanted to get this one posted before we left. This is a sympathy card for family of family and I had to find a way to mail it without the dimensional elements getting crushed. The calla lilies are punched and formed. I didn't have my flower soft in yet so I used some of my quilling strips to make the stamens. The lily leaves are quilled and smaller punched flowers with pearl centers were added. The corner embossed cutouts are embellished with pearls and the sentiment is stamped and embossed in gold on vellum which is popped up. This embossed cut out design is similar to Jerri K's style and you can see her beautiful work on her blog, see side bar for link.

You will see these calla lilies again in a different color and with their flower soft stamens in another project soon to be posted! I can see my craft table now so I will be back to creating again when we return from our seaside getaway later this week. See you when we get back! Until then,

Shalom,

Sonya
Comments are always welcome!

6 comments:

Lisa Phillippi llelsik@aol.com said...

Just beautifull! I hope you have a nice trip.

Unknown said...

What a beautiful card!

Paula B. said...

This is beautiful!

Two questions:
is the embossed cut-out on the front something you did, or is it a specialty blank? If you did it, did you use a machine?

How did you mail it? Mailing is always such a issue and I'm always interested to hear how others overcome the challenge.

Bella said...

It is soooo beautiful. I also love doing cards!

Kisses

Crissy Armstrong said...

Wow, first of all, thank you for visiting my blog and leaving such a nice comment. Second of all, when I came here to see who you were, the first thing I was greeted with was an encouraging word from the Lord in the form of His Scripture verse on your card. It was exactly what I needed to see at this moment in my life. He is so good! This card making hobby can be a powerful tool for good!
Your card is really beautifully created as well. I find it stunning actually! You have a wonderful ability to bring all the 3d elements together very artistically.
Bless you!

Paula B. said...

Sonya,
Thanks for the informative post about the template used and the technique for the intricate cut-out work. This is soo lovely!

Of course you can link to my blog post about the antique paper quilling! I so appreciate the help in getting the maximum exposure possible to help Sally out.