Pages

Monday, June 14, 2010

Rose Teapot

Hi all, back with a card that will be one of the listed for sale in my upcoming Esty shop!  This is one that features a Fred She Said digi/cut file flowers and leaves , a freebie!  I found pictures of antique silver teapots online and printed this one out two times.  It was lightly shaded in spots with a Prismacolor pencil and OMS, then I used a silver gel pen to give it some brushed silver shine.  The second image I only used the lid and popped it up on the first one and dangled the teabag end sentiment from underneath it.

The Fred She Said flowers and leaves were printed out onto patterned paper (backside) and cut out.  Then I used my red apple Glimmer Mist and gave them some red/gold shimmer.  The two large cut outs and one medium one were shaped and layered to form the rose.  The center of the rose are three snowflake punches.  The rose petals were given some sparkle with glitter and very eye catching. Blue and orangy accent flowers have pearl and glitter centers and were shaped with a ball stylus on a foam matt. 

The flourishes behind the teapot were made with Spellbinders dies that were embossed,inked and colored with the silver gel pen.  I wanted a punch of color for my bow but the blue was a bit bright with all the distressed inked pieces so I gave it a quick swipe with a sponge inked with vintage photo distress ink. Decorative edge punches were used to make the bands.  I added some stitching with variegated thread to the base layer matt and the inside of the card was decorated to match. 


It was a fun card to make and I will be using this layout again!  If you haven't tried Fred She Said digi images and flowers, now is the chance with this great versatile freebie!  Tomorrow another card all ready to go!

Shalom,

Sonya
Your encouraging comments keep my creativity up!

1 comment:

Irena said...

Gorgeous card, lovely details and colors.