Pages

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Sparkly Icy Flower Box


Hi all, I'm back, sorry it has been so long. But I have been working on some projects it just takes me a little longer than it used to! Here is one of them, a box with one of Tracey's new digi images, Icey Christmas Flowers. It has several images that can be layered to create a dimensional project.

It was hard to get a good picture of this box because of it's color. The box was painted with a base of silver with a touch of metallic blue, then sponged with pearl white and seemed to wash our or blend in with whatever background I used. Also the glitter which is used to highlight the base image, layered flower and bow doesn't show well. It really is sparkly IRL! *

Ok back to the details. I printed the image sheet out twice, once on white card stock and then another time on vellum. The image is already colored a pretty blue and the flowers are white so all you have to do is cut and layer and embellish is you like. Well I must use glitter! So, I used my gelly roll pens in silver and a matching metallic blue to accent the designs on the base layer. Then I outlined the inside scallop with a glue pen and glittered it. The dots are glittered with clear chunky glitter and the swirls are accented with small silver "pearls". *

I cut out the three flower images, one with the leaves and the other two without, from the vellum images. These flowers were accented with iridescent glitter and the top layer has a crystal center. Then they were layered with pop dots and the petals were offset from the ones below. The base layer image has a light blue scalloped nestie also. *

The box base and lid are lined with the designer paper set that Tracey also offers to compliment these flower images. Then I added a tulle bow with glitter accents. On the center of the bow there is another smaller layered Icey Flower that I printed out again on vellum.*

I really love how the vellum gives the flowers that airy and icy look, and of course the dimensional effect of the layering. These digi images are a breeze to work with and are very versatile! Hop on over to Fred She Said and see all of Tracey's new designs!*

Tomorrow I have a Quilled Keepsake Invitation to show you! Thanks for all your sweet encouraging comments!*

Shalom,*

Sonya

Comments always welcome! If you have any questions email me at the link on the sidebar!

6 comments:

Michelle Pearson said...

This is lovely Sonya! I love your icey flowers! :)

Tracey Lynn 'Fred' Miller said...

This is gorgeous, Sonya! I love all that icy glitter and vellum and crystal center, oh my! "Forget the present inside, I'll keep the box!" heehee

Hugs, Tracey

Inna D. said...

This is wonderful and so exquisite, Sonya!

Yvonne Hagane said...

Hi Sonya!
Thanks for stopping by my blog:)
Wow, I am so amazed by your guilling! You do absolutely stunning work. This is real eyecandy!
Yvonne.

Carol Hurlock said...

Wow Sonya this is a beauty!!! You have created a beautiful masterpiece here. What wonderful eye candy. What a treat.

Carol

Ann Martin said...

So very pretty! The vellum and sparkle really does give a sense of beautiful ice.