Pages

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Sweet Pea Fan Card

Hi all, here is a card that I have been wanting to make for a while now. We have a cloudy overcast sky here today maybe we will get some RAIN!!!! But, that is why the picture is not as bright and the colors are washed out, that is ok if we get the rain! The paisley Nesties had a fan look to them and I had thought that I could use them that way. I am not entirely pleased with the way the card came out so I will have to try again to see if the design that I envisioned can actually be done. Let me know what you think! Here are the details. The Nestie paisleys, standard and scalloped were used to make the fan "blades". I punched the flower motif on each blade and then layered the light pink onto the darker pink scalloped paisley so that it would pop.
*
Then I pierced each scallop, added glitter to the flower but in the punched shape and a small pink crystal. To assemble the fan I pierced a hole for the brad at the bottom of each blade using the first one over the next for placement. The fan is held together with a pink teardrop crystal brad. The flowers on the fan are miniature sweet peas that I punched out and watercolored with Twinkling H2O's on coffee filter paper. Leaves and tendrils were added along with a gold tassel, light pink grosgrain bow and tucks behind the tops of the blades.
*
Instead of a sentiment I used my brand new Just Rite Monogram stamper and stamped it in a raspberry ink embossed with clear embossing powder and had pink crystal accents. The monogram was cut out with round classic and scalloped Nesties and popped up with dimensionals.
*
The designer paper is a patterned vellum that I think is so pretty! The same floral corner punch used on the fan was used to punch the corners of the velum and had the same crystal accents. I will have to try again to see if I can actually execute this design the way I wanted it to. Tomorrow I will have a card made with Fred She Said digi flowers used in a different way, stop by and see!
*
Shalom,
*
Sonya
Comments are welcome, let me know what you think of the fan card, so I can get the design right!

3 comments:

Lisa Phillippi llelsik@aol.com said...

Very pretty, Love the sweet pea's!
Great colors too!

Unknown said...

I love this card sooo pretty

nagela said...

Very pretty. Good design!