Pages

Thursday, March 12, 2009

Lavender Wildflower Card

Hi all, here is the second card that I made for my aunt. I used my brand new Me & Carrie Lou wildflower stamp so that I could practice Jerri K's water color technique. The image was stamped and embossed in gold on water color paper and then I water colored it with Tombow markers. It has a lavender wash around the outside of the image but it isn't as dark as it should be, more practice!
*
The base card is a pretty pearlescent medium lavender and has a mottled lavender DP layered onto it. I cut the water color image out and used my 24kt gold leaf pen to edge it. The wild flower stamp is pretty alone but I had those little lavender punched flowers with pearl centers left over from a previous project and decided to accent the panel with them.
*
Finally I finished it with a darker purple bow and popped up the sentiment medallion with dimensionals. I still need more practice with this technique and if you want to see the "real thing" click on Jerri's blog link on the side bar, it is amazing! I have another card that I made today for a paper soul sisters blog challenge and I will post it tomorrow. Have fun with paper and scissors or the beautiful weather if you are luck enough to have it!
*
Until the next post,
*
Shalom,
*
Sonya
Comments are always welcome, drop me a note!

2 comments:

Lisa Phillippi llelsik@aol.com said...

Just Beautiful!!! Excellent watercoloring, I absolutley love it!

Anonymous said...

Wow that card is really a work of art! Beautiful! Thanks for sharing it with us.