Pages

Thursday, November 1, 2012

Copper Hydrangeas Encouragement


 

Hi everyone!  I'm back, did you think I fell off the earth?  I took a little sabbatical from blogging because of things in life that took my focus away from posting here.  My creative endeavors where not totally silent though as I have added a new class to My Creative Classroom - Quilled Floral Calendar - and it will run again, after the first of the year along with my other class - Quilling, Twirled Paper! 

I have some other class possibilities that I am playing around with and may have them ready also for next year.  I do appreciate greatly those who visited during my absence and left sweet comments and encouragement! And, after this very long away time from my blog I do have a card to post.  A friend is going through some difficult times and I wanted to make her a card to encourage her.  It is a floral punched easel card. Click on any picture to enlarge.



I decided on a 6" x 6" easel card that could be displayed so that the sentiment could be seen often.  The scalloped edge of the Martha Stewart lattice punch was folded up to hold the easel in place.  I love these hydrangea flowers and my friend's house is decorated with these colors.  It is also a nice color scheme for fall as well.  I used several colors of copper, deep oranges, red oranges and olive green Twinkling H2O's to paint my punched coffee filter paper hydrangea petals.  Their subtle shimmer is so pretty!

 
 
I added some punched gold vellum accent flowers with gold pearl centers and an ombre bow that picks up the rusty color in the flowers.  The inside of the card is also decorated and is where I will write my message to her.  When the card is in the easel position, you will not be able to see the message. 
 
 
When not in the easel position the card will lay flat (not completely because I used the dimensional bow and flowers, but will if you do not use these on the inside) onto the base and is 6" x 6". The top bends between the two top panels and allows the front to flip to be able to be positioned in an easel. I will make a card box to fit it to send it to her. 
 
I also want to send my thoughts and prayers out to all who were affected by the hurricane in the NE.  So many were not prepared for it and are having a hard time dealing with the aftermath.  I have family and friends who were in it's path and I am praying for their quick recovery and safety!
 
I hope you will visit again, as I am back to creating and posting projects!  If you have any questions just let me know!  I love to hear from you!
 
Shalom,
Sonya
 



3 comments:

chillin with Quillin said...

gorgeous card, love the sentiment to !!!
Paula

Maire Gamber said...

Your flowers are perfect and yur easel crd is gorgeous!
Hugs,
Marie XX

Maire Gamber said...

Your flowers are perfect and your easel card is gorgeous!
Hugs,
Marie XX