Pages

Friday, October 1, 2010

Red Roses



Hi all! Did you have fun hopping through the wonderful projects the FSS Design Team had for you?  If you haven't yet you still can, just see the post below and have fun!  Today I have another Fred She Said card for you, I previewed it on my new blog header above.  It was originally made for a contest but I didn't get it finished in time but I still can share it here! 

I used the Fred She Said Roses and leaves svg cut file and cut the flowers and leaves out in several of the shapes and sizes on my Cricut.  It is easy to resize the designs and make the flowers any size you would like.  The roses were cut out in red card stock and sprayed with Candy Appel Glimmer Mist which has a golden shimmer.  They then were shaped, layered and glued together.  The centers of the roses are black seed beads to give them even more glitz and interest.  The rose leaves are cut out in black card stock and inked with gold on their edges and have embossed veins.
The card base is 6 X 6 square and I took my round dies and traced out a wave pattern on a 6 X 6 piece of scrap card stock and cut it out for a pattern.  Then I lightly traced the pattern on the card base front and used scissors to carefully cut off the wavy edge.  I used the pattern again to cut a layer for the front by tracing it again on a 6 X 6 piece of card stock and then cutting the wavy edge off again, then cutting a 1/4" strip from the other two straight sides.  It was then embossed with the Swiss Dots Cuttlebug folder and the layer as well as the card base was edged with a gold gel pen.


The wavy cut show the inside of the card when shut and there is another white gold edged layer on the inside of the card.  I placed the sentiment on red, black, gold vellum scallops and circles cut with dies.  White gel pen dots and black Pigma pen dots highlight the scallops along with a red crystal to accent the sentiment.  With the wavy edge cut away when the card is opened you still see the sentiment embellishment. The left side of the inside has a stamped image in Distress Fired Brick accented with red crystals.

For the finishing touches I cut a butterfly in black card stock added some gold gel pen dots and perched him atop a bow with three loops.  I like the way the cut out shape on the side looks and I'll have to do another!

Thanks for all the comments from the blog hop, sooo encouraging!!  Posting is a balancing act as to how much or not to put in a post.  Some like detailed descriptions others just want to see the card! So to keep things balanced, would you please let me know in the comments what you prefer, a detailed description; less description and what kind of info?  It would really help me to know just how much to put in a post and have the Goldilocks amount for everyone!  As usual if you have a question about any technique or supply used just email me on the link on the sidebar and I will do my best to answer it. More projects tomorrow!

Shalom,
Sonya
Love to hear from you!

7 comments:

Helen said...

Very beautiful! Love how the card opens.

unicorn said...

Gorgeous card:))Love the roses:)))


Hugs Jeni:0)

eva said...

Very beautiful!

Charlotte said...

Wow! This card packs quite a punch. It is so pretty. I enjoy reading how you make your projects so keep writing and thanks so much for sharing your talent with the rest of us.

Grace Baxter said...

You did a beautiful job on this one, Sonya. I like the curved shape of the card, and of course I really appreciate all the work that went into making those flowers!

Grace
http://gracenotes4today.blogspot.com

Tracey Lynn 'Fred' Miller said...

This is so beautiful, Sonya!

Michelle Pearson said...

so pretty ...love the unusual shape of the card and all of the dimension!