Pages

Monday, July 26, 2010

Peach Peony

Hi all!! Sorting through mounds of crafting leftovers, again, trying to find space on my main crafting table!!!  I can't seem to create without making a mess!  There is a place for everything and the things that I use most are in arms length to put away, but things never seem to get to where they call home.  So I am left with bits and pieces of paper, card stock, paper pads out and all over, embellishments adorning places that I didn't intend, on and on.  I see other's crafting spaces and they are so neat and organized, no mine, utter chaos!  So I have to spend a day or two putting things away so I can have space to set something down without losing it on my table.  Good thing I have some cards in the line up and photographed all ready to post or I wouldn't be able to find them, lol! 

Here is one for today a new digi image from Fred She Said a beautiful pre-colored peach peony in a jar.  I love these pre-colored images, so easy and sooo pretty!! I also love my new Cricut Expression and all the wonderful shapes, frames and just about whatever you want!  I put it off for so long and now I find myself wondering why. 

 I printed the peony image twice onto Matt Photo Paper which gives the image amazing color.  Then I cut it out with my Nesties and used a Cricut frame behind that.  The peony flower and the vase are cut out and popped up for dimension.  The flower was sprayed with gold Glimmer mist and the vase was covered in Crystal Effects for a real glass look which I hope you can see in the picture above. Instead of a bow I used my Cricut to cut the flourishes  to wrap around the vase.  All the gold highlights are made with a Gelly Roll gold metallic gel pen, my new favorite! The card base is a peach metallic card stock and the base layer is a sparkly designer paper. 

The inside is decorated also with another of the peony flowers, flourishes and framed panel for writing.  Tracey makes it so easy to create beautiful cards with her digi images, you can find them here. She has some more new releases which I will post cards with in the coming days. 

I also posted another poll on the sidebar of my blog.  Please take a moment and click on what you would like to see in a tutorial.  The 6th poll question is not really an option but instructions to click on the "Comment" link on the bottom of the poll to leave your requests for a tutorial that is not listed on the poll.  I am not sure but it may not show up until you hit the "Submit your answers" on the bottom first.  But you can always leave a comment on any post with your questions or suggestions.  Thanks for your visit and help!

Shalom,
Sonya

3 comments:

Irena said...

Awesome beautiful card.

Rhonda Miller said...

Great card. TFS.

Sudha said...

Lovely work dear.