Pages

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Chicken Soup

Hi all, here is one of the other cards that I have finished and it is a bit different in style that I usually do.  I saw this Sizzix die and thought it was so cute and snatched it up when it was on sale.  He could be done in any colors for different looks, but I decided to do him in black for a red, black, yellow and white color palette.  Since it was a get well card I made my little rooster into chicken soup by having him sit in a soup bowl.  I die cut him out of black card stock and gave him his "feathers" with a white gel pen like those black and white "checked" chickens!  Roosters also have beautiful multi-colored tail feathers so I pulled out my jewel tone metallic quilling strips and gave him some quick fancy tail feathers.

The bowl was cut from oval Nesties and was inked on the edges then curved a bit with my fingers to give it more of an open bowl look.  The red base panel is cut from the largest Nestie label and then I took a round metal washer from the hardware store that had about a 1/4 ring and used it to trace around that die to give me a larger black matt behind it. Ziz-zag stitching with white and gold doodles finished the panels.  The rooster and the bowl are held up with foam dimensionals. 

The ribbon loop embellishments are held on with red brads and gold crystals accent the Martha Stewart punched sunflower DP bases. The inside of the card has Nestie accent cuts and a die cut get well sentiment. A fun card to do and you will see this little rooster in other projects. I am working on my FSS Spotlight project that will be posted next week, and a eccentric coil quilling tutorial, so off to the craft room!

Shalom,

Sonya
Comments and questions are always welcome, I love to hear from you!

No comments: