Pages

Monday, April 13, 2009

Red and Turqouise Card and Galveston Update April 2009

Hi all, I hope you had a blessed time of celebrating the Lord's resurrection. This past week we observed Passover (Yeshua's death) and The Feast of First Fruits (His resurrection) this past Sunday, and are in the middle of observing the Feast of Unleavened Bread, so this is why I haven't posted until now.
*
The above card's color inspiration was from the medallion embellishment that I purchased in a set. I probably would not have chosen this color combination but since I loved the medallions red and turquoise colors I tried it out. The verse seemed appropriate for our current Feast celebrations and has been so very true in my life. I embossed it in gold onto the turquoise cardstock which is a change from my usual white sentiment backgrounds. I also wanted a heart design to go along with the thought of the verse and I cut out a layered Nestie hearts in the same colors as the medallion and used glitter to coordinate. The verse and embellishments are popped up and the card is finished with gold "pearls" and a sheer red wired ribbon bow.
*
I am still working on the last 5 of my 10 Fav's, it is hard to choose! We took a short day trip to Galveston today and the Island is steadily progressing in it's recovery. More and more businesses are reopening. Gutted shops on the Strand are opening back up after being redone and restocked. There were many people out on the beaches newly built up with sand and enjoying the sun today. I am not sure, but Murdoch's gift shop may be in the process of being rebuilt. There are new stilts on the supports where Murdoch's used to sit, so, hopefully this Galveston beloved icon is going to return. There are still signs of the damage, street signals still blinking and homes needing repair but the clean up is ongoing with new landscaping, roof repair, painting and things getting ready for summer tourism. Last time we were down for a visit there was still a bit of a wounded feeling about the city, but not today. Today there was a more normal feel with everyone out and about, even on a Monday, shopping, surfing and sunning! Below are a couple of new pictures.
*
The first is of the west end at the state park that is being rebuilt. The sand is being sifted and cleaned and you can see that there is only one row of picnic shelters left in the campsites. You can see that there are no longer any streets, utilities, or grass but there will be. The campsites will probably be fewer in number as the dunes which are being rebuilt and recovering are further back now. The second pictures is of the seawall and the people out today enjoying the beach where every there was sand. The last is of what I hope is Murdoch's gift shop being rebuilt. You can see the ruins of the Flagship hotel in the distance.

Until the next post,

Shalom,

Sonya

Comments are always welcome!

4 comments:

PaperDelite said...

Love that Dp, hearts, ribbon, The flowers and how you've put them all togther.. In all the card is Gorgeous.

The stitching on one of the hearts looks really good.

PaperDelite said...

Oh Im so so so sorry.. I wrote the wrong comment.. Pls dont mind and dissallow that one.

This message will be followed by the actual comment.

I apologise again.

PaperDelite said...

Very pretty card. Using a number of colors in one card and making it look good is a tough job.. I think your card has made all the colors stand out so well.

the bow is looking reall nice.

Crissy Armstrong said...

Wow, your card is just stunning. Gorgeous. I love that color combo and the great layout and how you used the Word as the main feature. Beautiful!